Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default Bare minimum pantry necessities?

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 03:09:31 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

>We often went thro' this process when we rented apartments in
>faraway places, like Hawaii and Switzerland. There was usually a
>supermarket within reach where we could buy the makings of the
>first meal and I would say that we made sure we had salt and
>pepper (the last renter usually left these), milk, orange juice,
>onions, garlic, lemons or limes, olive oil, some fruit and bread
>for our first breakfast and soy sauce. Others were added as
>needed, with luck being bought in quantities small enough to
>leave without regrets.

Okay, this is more of the idea I had in mind. I am getting together
what I consider essential items..with others to be gotten later on. I
can do a hell of a lot with just the basics (what I consider my
basics). I realize that others may consider their basics to be
totally different.

Christine