Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen AKA Kajikit Karen AKA Kajikit is offline

Default Bare minimum pantry necessities?

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:52:34 -0800, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Heya folks,
>
>I am unpacking my kitchen stuff and gradually getting my tiny little
>kitchen here in this apartment together. Yesterday, I had to go out
>to get some of my basics. However, I am trying to keep my
>fridge/pantry contents to a basic/bare minimum.

Vegetables - Onions, Big baking Potatoes

If you have a freezer, a couple of bags of basic frozen vegetables,
otherwise a bag of carrots and a bunch of broccoli

Salad ingredients - bagged lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and/or radish,
plus bottled salad dressing

Apples

Meat - chicken breast (either cook your own or even buy pre-cooked),
bacon, canned tuna.

Eggs

Pita bread and whole wheat bread

Cereal and milk

Mustard, balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, salsa, Mrs Dash

Canned corn, canned tomato, canned chilli beans

You can eat well with a supermarket chicken, a bag-o-lettuce, a
tomato, and a loaf of bread.