Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] is offline

Default Burgers and Meatballs with Breadcrumbs

Corey Richardson wrote:

> Why oh why do some people insist that homemade burgers and meatballs
> should have breadcrumbs in them?
>
> Just to bulk them out? So that they're spongy? What?
>
> Breadcrumbs have some place in a meatloaf, but none in a burger or
> meatball, IMHO.
>
> What say you?

For me, plain bread crumbs no, but seasoned bread crumbs yes, the
exception being if the individual likes plain bread crumbs in their
ground meat, for what ever reason, economy or flavor.

I take garlic herb croutons i have made for salads, give them a whirl in
the FP to make them 'crumbs' and add to my ground meats.
But then one of my favorite ways to eat a steak is as a schnitzel,
pounded and then egged and bread crumbed, with highly seasoned bread
crumbs and quickly pan fried.
--
JL