Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Cooking related gifts?

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> Christmas, Hanukkah etc. are not TOO far off. What would be a great
> gift item (other than ingredients) for the ardent cook on your list?
>
> I'd love a top notch mandoline, m'self.

I got my baby sister a couple of silpats last Christmas. She liked that.
I may get her a bamboo cutting board this year, or some bamboo kitchen
utensils. Another consideration is one of the more unusual cook books,
if I can find it. Sis' and brother in law are semi-active in the SCA, so
the books I'm on the lookout for (I can probably get them from Amazon)
are a couple posted about here by Wayne Boatright a bit back:

To the Queen's Taste (Elizabethan Feasts and Recipes Adapted for Modern
Cooking): Lorna J Sass

To the King's taste (Richard II's book of feasts and recipes adapted for
modern cooking): Lorna J. Sass
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein