Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Cooking related gifts?

Gloria wrote:

> It's hard to buy kitchen gifts for other people unless you know
> --what they have
> --what their cooking style is
> --what they need
> --what they want.
>
> Someone who has it all might be as thrilled with pretty new dish towels as
> another person would be with a KA or a breadmaker. It's all relative.
> Unless a new gadget is truly earth shattering, someone with limited space
> probably will send it to a charity resale shop within 6 months.

Don't forget offbeat ingredients. My wish list has contained mosto cotto for
quite some time. It's not all that expensive, but it's one of those things
I'd use only now and again, so I haven't bothered to seek it out and buy it.

> When in doubt or on a budget, homemade food is usually appreciated.

True, but then you get into the whole arena of likes, dislikes, allergies,
cholesterol count, net carbohydrates, and similar considerations.

Bob