Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick[_2_] Janet Bostwick[_2_] is offline

Default Cooking related gifts?

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 22:22:52 -0600, "Janet Bostwick"
> > wrote:

snip
> The best "theme" gift is always a gift certificate for a store that
> specializes in products within that theme... if you're buying a gift
> for someone who cooks the last thing you want to do is to choose their
> cookware... buying a cook a pot is tantamount to buying a 34 B for a
> gal who wears a 36 C.

I'd say worse than than. IMO, pot and pan selection is very personal. A
gadget is a little different. If the gadget was something that I had newly
discovered and really liked and I knew the recipient very well, I'd give a
gadget. With the caveat, 'try this, see what you think.'
Janet