Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Cooking related gifts?

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> Christmas, Hanukkah etc. are not TOO far off. What would be a great
> gift item (other than ingredients) for the ardent cook on your list?
>
> I'd love a top notch mandoline, m'self.

I never try to give foodies cooking-related gifts. IMHO, it's a bad idea.
It's sort of like giving your wife a toaster for your wedding anniversary
But seriously, most people who love to cook will already have most
everything they want. And if they don't, whatever you give them isn't going
to be exactly what they would have bought for themselves. They'll be
gracious and say "thank you". Then it will go in the closet for 20 years or
be offered up at a future garage sale. If you want to give what you call
"ardent cooks" a gift, give them a gift certificate from Penzeys. Or order a
gift box of spices http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...ift_Boxes.html

Jill