Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pot for cooking brisket (and related questions)

On 5/18/2010 10:52 AM, Steve Freides wrote:

> Now, questions:
>
> First, is there any problem or danger with aluminum foil being used this
> way, e.g., does it leech anything, do we need to be sure we get a "heavy
> duty" kind, etc.? I know I should start by just looking at the
> appearance of the aluminum foil when the thing's done cooking, but my
> wife seems always to be the person to take it out of the oven - I'll try
> to get to doing this today (one is cooking upstairs now).

My mom (of blessed memory) made brisket in the oven wrapped in
aluminum foil all the time. While my sister is certifiably crazy, I
don't think it was from the foil. She put the foil wrapped brisket in a
covered roaster.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas