Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default cooking related

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:06:51 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > I just discovered by accident that if you're saving a Word document
> > (recipe), hit F12 and the last folder you saved to comes up instantly.
> >
> > I didn't know!
> >

> That's good to know.

I usually save a .doc via "save as", but hit F12 by accident and my
recipe file flew open. I checked it out and by golly you can skip
"save as". You have to navigate the tree on your first save though.

> Mine always end up in the Documents folder and then I have to
> sort through all the other stuff in there.

You save them in My Documents? Do you know how to create a folder
with subfolders? If you don't want to plop it onto your C drive, you
can put it on your desktop. I can help you with that the next time I
see you in chat, here or by email, if you'd like to know how.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.