Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default The Colonoscopy Diet

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:25:55 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >, Brooklyn1 says...
>>
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:43:46 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>>
>> >In article >, Brooklyn1 says...

>> > Compared with bowel cancer, a wisdom tooth extraction is a walk in the
>> >park

>> If they found something I'd do it again, but at age 66 they found
>> nothing the first time, who knows if I'll be here in ten years.

>http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/can.../incidence/#By
>
>quote
>
> "The occurrence of large bowel cancer is strongly related to age, with
>86% of cases arising in people who are 60 years or older ( Figure 1.2). 1-
>4 Until age 50, men and women have similar rates for bowel cancer, but in
>later life male rates predominate. In numerical terms, there are more male
>cases of bowel cancer in almost all age-groups up to the age of 84, after
>which female cases are in the majority, even though their rates are lower,
>as women make up a larger proportion of the elderly population. Overall
>the male:female ratio is 11:10."
>
> I think many medical procedures
>> are over kill just to jack up billing... as soon as a doctor knows
>> someone has good medical coverage the diagnostic exams snowball.

> Well, in the NHS we never have to worry about that issue; doctors
>here don't get paid for investigation/diagnostic referrals. The patient
>doesn't pay for it either. There's no billing to jack up.
>
>> How often should one undergo all those medical procedures,

> Depends on risk factors. People known to be at very high risk (of any
>illness) are sensible to get screened/ reviewed regularly.
>
> Janet

I think I do much better than average with periodic medical exams but
I'm wise enough to know when they're schedualing procedures just to
collect big fees. I have excellent medical insurance, pays for most
anything, but that doesn't meen I'm willing to subject myself to
totally unnesessary probing and sticking. Cancer doesn't run in my
family, as far back as great grand on both sides there have been no
occurances. In my family pulmonary and coronary ailments seem to
prevail, and I don't think anyone dies of heartless curmudgeon
disease. lol