Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] is offline

Default Cutting butter into biscuits using microwave.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 09:40:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> arranged random neurons and said:

>The idea is to sliver the butter very thinly and add it to the flour
>mixture and stir to coat the butter, then add more butter and stir,
>and repeat until all the butter is added. Then as you stir and nuke
>over and over, on the last stirring before adding the milk, use the
>spoon to smash and break up any buttery clumps. You could just wait
>for time to warm the butter, but doing it this way I ended up with
>biscuits in less than a half hour.

Way too much work, IMHO. I've made scratch buttermilk biscuits for the
entirety of my adult life and it never takes me more than a minute or
so to cut *softened* butter into the flour mixture using a pastry
blender. And if I want to soften the butter fast, that's what power
settings on the microwave are for.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"