Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Cutting butter into biscuits using microwave.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 08:21:35 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> Lots of slivers of cold butter cut in, then microwaved 20 seconds,
>stirred with spoon, repeat repeat repeat. Then add milk. 1st time
>trying this. Anyone else try this? Did I reinvent the wheel? They
>turned out kind of flat because i rolled them out too thin, but my son
>loved them and he's really picky. Hmmm? What to put on butter
>biscuits? That's easy, more butter.
>
>--Bryan

Do you mean that you incorporated all the butter into the flour
without leaving little butter bits? That would mean that the flour
was coated -- you don't want that. You want little, cold bits of
butter remaining in the dough. The bits produce steam and make the
biscuits fluffy. You probably knew that and I just didn't understand
what you were saying about the microwave.
Janet US