Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Charities

On 2/20/2013 8:44 AM, James Silverton wrote:
> There is an organization called Charity Watch that tracks the amount
> that actually goes to the real work of charities and publishes the
> results in a newsletter three times a year. I think the survey is quite
> reliable. An interesting thing is that putative Native American
> charities are a class that often get bad marks.

Not a charity, but have you seen the television ads for people who want
quick loans? A Native American company, Western Sky: "We can put up to
$5,000 in your bank account the very next day!" Sure they can. Read
the very fast, very fine print at the bottom of the screen. The
interest rate on the payback amounts to what used to be called usury.

Jill