Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Charities

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/21/2013 3:41 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:58:04 -0500, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:

> >> I prefer them to affix stamps. I can steam them off and use them on
> >> other mail.

> > You can't steam off the new self stick stamps... the adhesive is not
> > water soluable. You can't steam open the self sealing envelopes
> > either, same reason.
> >

> No, but you can cut the stamp off with scizzors and glue it to a fresh
> envelope. The post office doesn't care as long as the stamp hasn't been
> cancelled.
>
> Jill

Years ago, when my daughter was attending college at UVA, she sent me a
letter. I think the stamps at the time cost 33 cents. Rather than put a
stamp on the letter, she taped 3 dimes and 3 pennies to it. LOL!

The post office actually sent it on to me and didn't even remove the coins.
The post office ppl probably just got a good laugh out of it. A dumbass
college prank/thing, I suppose.

Gary