Posted to rec.food.cooking
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Sig. Stamps (WAS: Charities)

On 2/22/2013 12:30 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:20:18 -0500, S Viemeister
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2/22/2013 11:04 AM, sf wrote:

>>> If they ever come up with a signature stamp that can be used on those
>>> credit card machines at the grocery store, I'll be happy.
>>>

>> When they eventually switch to chip&pin, you won't need to sign or stamp.

> No idea what chip and pin is.

<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399772,00.asp>

I've found it increasingly difficult to use US-issued cards in the UK
(in other than heavily touristed areas), as most US cards only have the
magnetic strips.
Fortunately, I also have a UK-issued card.