Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Charities

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:07:58 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/21/2013 3:41 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:58:04 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I prefer them to affix stamps. I can steam them off and use them on
>>> other mail.

>> You can't steam off the new self stick stamps... the adhesive is not
>> water soluable. You can't steam open the self sealing envelopes
>> either, same reason.
>>

>No, but you can cut the stamp off with scizzors and glue it to a fresh
>envelope. The post office doesn't care as long as the stamp hasn't been
>cancelled.

Actually they do care, they won't accept a snipped stamp just because
the canceller missed it, and they can prosecute for attempting a
fraud. Affixing a steamed off stamp is also considered attempted
fraud.
Read 1.3d and 1.8: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/604.htm