Posted to rec.food.cooking
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Sig. Stamps (WAS: Charities)

On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 2/22/2013 7:05 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 2/22/2013 5:41 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>>> your statements for fraudulent charges. I've had it happen to
>>> me and the charges are removed from your balance, pronto.
>>>

>> Not necessarily 'pronto'!
>>
>> It took us _months_ to sort out false charges on our American Express
>> card, even though it was fairly obvious that my husband couldn't have
>> made gasoline purchases in both New Jersey and Texas within an hour of
>> each other - and the fake purchases in Texas were apparently for large
>> commercial vehicles, while the NJ charges were within his usual pattern
>> at the time.
>>
>> Months, it took!!!

> Wow, American Express removed mine right away. Even so, you do not
> have to pay charges that are in dispute until it's settled.

That's what I thought - but we had to reopen the dispute, more than once
- they claimed that since a _card_ had been used to charge the fuel in
Texas, it must have been legitimate...so we had to go through all the
"look at that month's charges - does that look to be physically
possible" thing again.
It was eventually sorted out, but it took far longer than it should
have. The card had been cloned.