Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Charities

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:19:34 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 2/20/2013 7:11 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> How to alienate donors: use all the money they sent you on constant
>> mailings and free labels. Just so you know you threw money down a
>> hole.

>I don't understand that tactic, either. And the ones that send out self
>addressed stamped envelopes. Not the postage paid one that they are
>only charged for when they're used, but real stamps.

It is to give you a guilt trip not using that stamp. I'm sure the
method has been tested and proven to work.

There is only one charity I give to with my name. It is a donation
near the end of the year and I do it on line. They don't bug me the
rest of the year and I appreciate that.

During the course of the year, I give cash to a couple that I know
actually use the money for real and not fund raising.