Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Sig. Stamps (WAS: Charities)

On 2/22/2013 12:20 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 2/22/2013 11:04 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:30:43 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> And yes, you can use a signature stamp on personal checks, not that I
>>> write many checks these days.
>>>

>> If they ever come up with a signature stamp that can be used on those
>> credit card machines at the grocery store, I'll be happy.
>>

> When they eventually switch to chip&pin, you won't need to sign or stamp.

Sorry, I'm not buying into this:

"We're moving toward a world beyond plastic, where consumers will shop
and pay in a way that best fits their needs and lifestyles with a simple
tap, click or touch in-store, online or on a mobile device," said Chris
McWilton, president of U.S. markets for MasterCard. "Our roadmap
represents a transformational shift..."

I love the marketing hype. "Transformational shift". LOL

I do shop online. But I won't ever be doing it with a "simple tap,
click or touch" since I don't carry mobile devices around with me. what
a wonderful way to promote rampant consumerism. Yay!

Jill