Posted to rec.food.cooking
pure kona[_2_] pure kona[_2_] is offline

Default USDA to let Hawaii ship avocados to mainland US

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 18:51:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:55:57 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> thanks for the heads up. I hope that Costco will be able to carry
>> them Costco carries the best avocados, i.e., large, undamaged for a
>> reasonable price compared to the damaged ones elsewhere. Your Sharwil
>> avocado is beautiful. I look forward to trying some.

>Every time I got to Costco I pick up a bag of avocados. They are the
>most consistent avocados anywhere.
>
>Are the Sharwil's that much different than a Hass? As long as they're
>not like Florida avos, which are pretty lame IMO. They don't even
>sell them around here.
>
>-sw

Sharwil are much superior to Haas. Try one and be sure to post yopur
honest thought. May be some time yet, though. I just posted the
preliminary news that we farmers get- in Hawaii.

aaloha,
Cea