Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default USDA to let Hawaii ship avocados to mainland US

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:05:29 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:
snip

>Which is fine with me, We get really cheap Mexican avocados here
>sometimes 4 or 5 for $1. Average price is $.50 for a small-medium
>avocado. Large ones are $1. You can bet the Hawaiian variety won't
>be cheap. Heck, even the CA ones are pretty expensive.
>
>-sw

Every time that I have bought one of the small ones from supermarket,
the pit has been large in relation to overall size and the flavor of
the fruit meat disappointing.
Janet US