Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default Dining Minimum - Charities? Got the Scoop

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Nope. I cannot appy the DIC (happy, Steve? LOL) dining minimum to
> charity. Here's the email answer I received:
>
> "You may not donate your dining minimum to a charitable organization.
> There were several opportunities this year to donate towards the cost of
> dinner/lunch for groups having events at the Club, however, those have
> already been held and paid for. You will probably have the chance to do
> this next year, so keep an eye on emails requesting contributions for the
> Beaufort High School Football Banquet and the Lunch with Santa for
> military children."
>
> Okay, mea culpa! I admit I passed up those "opportunities" because the
> way I read them I did NOT realize they would be applied against the dining
> minimum. It sounded like they were just begging for more money on top of
> money.
>
> Now I'm wondering if the requests for the employee holiday gift fund could
> have been applied towards the dining minimum. I found it rather odd they
> were requesting money to give the island employees holiday bonuses. Final
> talley, they'd collected over $75,000 so they could split it and cut bonus
> checks for the landscapers (not that they take care of our yards),
> security guards, the folks who work in accounting, etc. Allegedly divided
> equally.
>
> Were these out-of-pocket donations? Or could that have been deducted from
> the dining minimum, too? I sent an email asking about it. I'm waiting to
> hear back.

Good luck with getting anything out of them. You should get all the food
from them you can and give it all to a food bank! I know all this is agreed
in the terms but I still think they rip you off any which way

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/