Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Dining Minimum - Charities? Got the Scoop

On 12/11/2013 2:04 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:46:33 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> The problem with buying food from the Club and giving it to the food
>> bank is I doubt they'd accept already cooked food in styrofoam to-go
>> containers. Nor in freezer containers. They wouldn't take it because
>> for all they knew the food could have been sitting in the trunk of my
>> car for *days*. Thank you for the suggestion, but that wouldn't work.

> Not only is there a storage/contamination issue, but the USDA requires
> at all food donated to food banks have an ingredient and allergen
> statement (not that food intolerances and allergies are so
> fashionable).
>
> -sw

Yeah... I don't get that as much information about the food from the
Club as I get from commercial labelled products.

The last time I was there I asked if I could take a look at the kitchen.
At first the DRM (dining room manager) was all enthusiastic. I'm sure
we can arrange that! Next thing I knew someone from the kitchen told me
no. Liability insurance and all that. I can understand that. I'm not
sure they've ever had anyone ask to see the kitchen before. <G>

What I was *really* wondering was whether or not they have microwave
ovens in the kitchen. LOL

Jill