Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Dining Minimum - Charities? Got the Scoop

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:46:33 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 12/11/2013 1:31 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > Good luck with getting anything out of them. You should get all the food
> > from them you can and give it all to a food bank! I know all this is
> > agreed in the terms but I still think they rip you off any which way
> >

> The problem with buying food from the Club and giving it to the food
> bank is I doubt they'd accept already cooked food in styrofoam to-go
> containers. Nor in freezer containers. They wouldn't take it because
> for all they knew the food could have been sitting in the trunk of my
> car for *days*. Thank you for the suggestion, but that wouldn't work.

I bet you could take it to a shelter or donate to an organization that
does outreach on the streets. Here, people leave it on top of garbage
cans. When you're starving, you don't care where the food came from.
People go dumpster diving just for fun. Those people need to eat.