Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default Dining Minimum - Charities? Got the Scoop

> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > In article >,
> > Ophelia > wrote:
> >>
> >>Oh dear We have a National Minimum wage law set in law
> >>
> >>https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

> > We have one too; it's $7.25/hour. However, companies like WalMart
> > will hire twice as many people at 20 hours per week, so that they
> > don't have to pay benefits (for example, paid time off, health insurance,
> > retirement fund) to these part-time employees.

Part-time workers in the UK have legal right to the same benefits as full time workers
( rate of pay, national insurance, pension benefits, sick and maternity leave and paid holiday).
Foreign-owned companies operating here (like ASDA/Walmart) have to comply.

Janet UK