Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dining Minimum - Charities? Got the Scoop

https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

>>We have one too; it's $7.25/hour. However, companies like WalMart
>>will hire twice as many people at 20 hours per week, so that they
>>don't have to pay benefits (for example, paid time off, health insurance,
>>retirement fund) to these part-time employees.

> You make is sound like the Walmart employment ad states: only those
> who've undergone a frontal lobotomy need apply... if people are not
> happy with the details of the job they are under no obligation
> whatsoever to accept that employment or am I missing something?

Sometimes people just have to take a job, any job! What do you do when you
get laid off? Maybe you get unemployment for a while. But then it runs
out. Then what do you do? If you are a single person, chances are you
won't qualify for any sort of aid. And if you have kids, you might but...
You are still expected to work. Sometimes a job, any job is better than no
job.