Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default Dining Minimum - Charities? Got the Scoop

In article >, says...

> "Janet" > wrote in message

> >> They also seem to
> >> tolerate squatters. Or they used to.

> > Rubbish

> I said used to. My friend, his friend and some others did in fact squat for
> several months in England and he said nobody bothered them or tried to kick
> them out.

That doesn't follow they were "tolerated"; more likely it means the
owner just could not afford the time and high legal cost of civil court
expenses to evict them.

Now the law has changed, its a criminal (not civil) offence and the
owner pays nothing for the police to remove, arrest and charge
squatters.

Janet UK