Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Dining Minimum - Charities? Got the Scoop

On 12/13/2013 1:25 PM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...
>>
>> The dry cleaner I applied at, expected me to be up, showered and dressed by
>> 8:00 a.m., 6 days a week

Did they check to make sure you'd taken a shower? <G>

> 8 am, eh? Imagine that.

Heh. I worked on a help desk for years. I had to be there by 7AM when
the phones turned on automatically. We were located in the US Central
time zone. But a lot of our offices were open an hour earlier, so we
opened at 7AM. There was also a 9:30- 6PM shift to cover the offices
who were on Pacific time. No big deal.

> Good thing you never worked in a restaurant serving breakfasts,
> hospital, school, hotel, care home , factory shifts etc.
>
> Janet UK

I understand wanting the day shift, for sure. But being up, showered
and dressed (not to mention at work) by 8:00 a.m. isn't asking too much.

Jill