Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Self-perpetuating Charities

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> You improved her chances with the vaccine. She's still alive, isn't
>>> she?

>>How in the world can you say that? The Dr. said they now know that the
>>vaccine isn't very effective. She still got sick. She still could have
>>died. I didn't improve her chances of anything!

> You don't know that either. It may or may not have been worse with no
> vaccine. Unless you have conclusive proof from laboratory tests
> anything you or the doctors say is pure conjecture.
>
> "Isn't very effective" is a rather loose terminology. It also shows
> it is a little effective.

Of course I can't prove anything. But this link says that the shot protects
7 out of 10 people who get it.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/r...ctiveness.html

Clearly my daughter and my mom were not the protected ones.

But if it didn't protect her from getting it, then it likely couldn't have
protected her from death either. What probably did protect her was her age
and the fact that she got precious little sleep during that time period.
The coughing was so severe that it would wake her.