Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Self-perpetuating Charities

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:02:51 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 00:58:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >> How in the world can you say that? The Dr. said they now know that the
> >> vaccine isn't very effective. She still got sick. She still could have
> >> died. I didn't improve her chances of anything!

> > The flu vaccine isn't 100% effective either, but it will help diminish
> > the effect of the flu if you do get one that you were vaccinated
> > against.

> Or in my case, it will make me very ill. The problem with the flu vaccine
> is that it might not contain the strain of whatever is going around that
> year.

You're allergic to eggs, so you won't do it unless you're willing to
put up with however the egg allergy makes you feel. I'm willing to
get my vaccination hoping it will help me fight off one of the three
included strains out of the possible hundreds I may come into contact
with.