Posted to rec.food.cooking
Acme Bully Control Acme Bully Control is offline

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 7/6/2015 3:15 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/6/2015 11:06 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Sounds like my kind of place! Unfortunately, they're located in Waikiki.
>>> I have to be carried kicking a screaming to venture out into the Waikiki
>>> jungle. :-)

>> Lol.
>>
>> Call that man a cab!
>>
>> I will say this, they're getting pricey, but what isn't?
>>
>> Some of their recipes are westernized to the point of futility.
>>
>> But some of them are so on the money it's brilliant.
>>
>> "Northern-Style Spare Ribs
>>
>> Slow-braised and dry rubbed with Chang’s five-spice seasoning"
>>
>> ...is not to be missed.
>>
>> Also:
>>

>> "Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
>>
>> Our signature appetizer. Wok-seared chicken, mushrooms, green onions and
>> water chestnuts over crispy rice sticks, with crisp lettuce cups
>>

>> Salt & Pepper Prawns
>>
>> Crispy prawns in aromatic spices with chili peppers, black beans, ginger
>> and green onions"
>>

> All that stuff sounds great! I might go to Waikiki one day but I'm gonna
> need a car that drives itself first!

Goo Goo is working on that for you.

> It's funny when a mainland chain
> comes here with Asian dishes. Because they're not really Asian but
> hybrids suited for people on the mainland. OTOH, that's ok because I'm
> kinda tired of the usual Asian fare on this rock.

Once I came to terms with what Changs does I was OK with it.

Their shrimp in lobster sauce is another really tasty one.

I just tend to steer away from the sesame chicken dipped and fried style
dishes. Too cloyingly sweet for me.