Posted to rec.food.cooking
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 7/8/2015 11:39 AM, Janet wrote:

> Probably shipping costs or arrangements. We get the same thing from
> the rest of the UK (even affects mainland Scotland in the north, but
> especially islands like mine); many businesses just don't want the
> hassle of distant customers. My post code (and probably Sheila V's)
> often features in a little list of areas we don't serve.

Yes - IV 27. It covers a vast area, including Inverness, which has a
railhead, an international airport, a seaport, and modern roads.

People in Thurso have it bad, too - for some odd reason they have a
Kirkwall postcode, so are assumed to be on an island.

> It makes me really mad when they try to slap a "long
> distance" delivery surcharge on something small enough to be posted;
> within the UK postal charges are the same in all areas regardless of
> distance.

And the local posties can actually find my house...