Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

wrote:

> Janet wrote:
>
> > Gary says...
> >> I was in the grocery store this morning. I looked for marrowfat peas
> >> in the dried and the canned sections. No luck.
> >>
> >> I bought a can of sweet peas and a dried bag of split peas. Different,
> >> I know, but I'll bet you I can simulate "mushy peas" by combining
> >> those.

> > You just lost your bet. Sweet and split peas can never equal the
> >texture, let alone the flavour, of mushy peas.
> >
> > Janet UK

> If he really wants to try 'proper' mushy peas, he should take up my
> offer. There are no substitutes, especially not the sort sf posted
> lol

But wouldn't it be funny if us "upstart" Americans actually improved
on your UK mushy peas recipes? heheheh

Everyone loves pea soup. The pictures I've seen of mushy peas looks
like pea soup without all the water (aka - somewhat dehydrated pea
soup). I would very enjoy some mushy pea soup. It's got the flavor.

Take that and think about it.

G. :-D