Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 2015-07-13 8:59 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Everyone loves pea soup.

>> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

> I loathe split pea soup. I even forbade a stranger next to
> me to order it when it was the soup of the day. It is up
> there with refried beans, to me. Blech.

It has always been one of my favourite soups, but there is a huge range
of the stuff. I was raised with Habitant pea soup, which I think is the
best commercially made split pea soup. Maybe it is because that was what
I was raised on. I make my own these days and it is infinitely better
than store bought. I always make some extra for my brother because he
loves it. His wife hates it with a passion.