Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 09:12:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> >> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

> > I loathe split pea soup. I even forbade a stranger next to
> > me to order it when it was the soup of the day. It is up
> > there with refried beans, to me. Blech.
> >

> It has always been one of my favourite soups, but there is a huge range
> of the stuff. I was raised with Habitant pea soup, which I think is the
> best commercially made split pea soup. Maybe it is because that was what
> I was raised on. I make my own these days and it is infinitely better
> than store bought. I always make some extra for my brother because he
> loves it. His wife hates it with a passion.

I'm not a soup lover by any means, but I like bean soup and I've never
had an objection to split pea. I don't know how people can say they
hate a general category when they're actually talking about a premade
product in a can. I will say I hate chickpeas/garbanzos/cici beans
unconditionally when they are whole and I can say that because I've
eaten them both canned and reconstituted dry.

--

sf