Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 2015-07-13 9:48 AM, sf wrote:

> I'm not a soup lover by any means, but I like bean soup and I've never
> had an objection to split pea. I don't know how people can say they
> hate a general category when they're actually talking about a premade
> product in a can.

One soup that we used to be fed a lot when I was a kid was cream of
mushroom. That was pretty close to the bottom of my list of soup
preferences. It would never occur to me to order it in a restaurant
because just about anything else on the menu would have been more
appealing, but I worked in a camp up north on summer and the chef made
cream of mushroom soup one day. It was from a whole different planet
than that stuff in a can.