Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B Janet B is offline

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:36:12 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:47:58 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 06:48:11 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> snip
>> I will say I hate chickpeas/garbanzos/cici beans
>> >unconditionally when they are whole and I can say that because I've
>> >eaten them both canned and reconstituted dry.

>> That was my feeling too. Until yesterday. I ate some drained and
>> rinsed, right out of the can. They are really very decent.

>Maybe they're processing them differently now, I'll give them another
>try sometime. Hubby loves them, so he would be happy if I started
>putting them in salads etc.
>
>> I don't
>> get hummus. I think it would be really good without the tahini. The
>> tahini tastes metallic to me and ruins the humus.

>I like tahini. I don't get a metallic flavor from it but I've never
>tried what is sold in jars. I like grocery store hummus, so I'd
>probably like the jarred stuff too. Do you like sesame seeds?

I like sesame seeds and use them frequently. Grocery store hummus?
What is that compared to jarred stuff?
I've made hummus and had hummus made by others, I've only tried the
Sabra once. I've used tahini in a couple of other things and was
bothered by the aftertaste. It is my taste buds and how they respond
to tahini. I'm going to try making hummus again without the usual
proportions and use less tahini and maybe more lemon juice.
Janet US