Posted to rec.food.cooking
Acme Bully Control Acme Bully Control is offline

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 7/13/2015 2:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/13/2015 9:51 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Cooking with condensed soup is what American cooks unabashedly did
>>> during the 60's. I don't think it's a popular thing to do in these
>>> modern times. OTOH, there are exceptions like green bean casserole in
>>> which canned soup should be used to remain faithful to the traditional
>>> recipe.
>>>

>> Damned straight!
>>
>> And Durkee fried onions too!

> That is good stuff - I can't say that I like green bean casserole but I
> don't mind it every once in a while, but only if you serve me the top
> 1/2" or so. Hee hee.

ROFLOL!

You mean someone actuaklly eats the underneath?

Dang!

>>> When I was I kid, I'd stuff a flank steak with canned beef vegetable
>>> soup and braise it. It seemed like a fancy thing to do. I wouldn't do it
>>> these days because frankly, the very idea makes me ill and besides, have
>>> you seen the prices on flank steak these days?

>> You need to use Pepperidge Farm, stuffing.
>>
>> Trust me on this...

> That could be do-able. OTOH, stuffing a flank steak with soup is
> something that could only have existed in the 60's.

I yield to the power of your imagination and suspension of simple physics.

I must have shared the french onion soup dumplings recipe with you, yes?

Somethings are so wrong they have to be right!