Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 7/13/2015 10:57 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/13/2015 2:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Damned straight!
>>>
>>> And Durkee fried onions too!

>> That is good stuff - I can't say that I like green bean casserole but I
>> don't mind it every once in a while, but only if you serve me the top
>> 1/2" or so. Hee hee.

> ROFLOL!
>
> You mean someone actuaklly eats the underneath?
>
> Dang!

>>> You need to use Pepperidge Farm, stuffing.
>>>
>>> Trust me on this...

>> That could be do-able. OTOH, stuffing a flank steak with soup is
>> something that could only have existed in the 60's.

> I yield to the power of your imagination and suspension of simple physics.
>
> I must have shared the french onion soup dumplings recipe with you, yes?
>
> Somethings are so wrong they have to be right!

My guess is some marketing guy at the Campbell's soup company came up
with this "recipe" because he needed some filler material for one of
those little booklets that you'd rip out of woman's magazine so he came
up with this little gem. Of course, he obviously never attempted to try
to test this "recipe" out. Back then, we didn't have very many cooking
mags around, we actually cooked rather than read about cooking.