Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default Pan size for spatchcock turkey

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 10:35:30 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 11:03:51 AM UTC-10,
> wrote:
> > My cousin said a pressure cooked turkey was very good.

> My wife asked me if I wanted to cook a turkey by burying it underground
> with
> some hot rocks. As it goes, that's one of the worst thing you can do to a
> turkey. The turkey collapses into a heap of bones and meat and has a
> peculiar smokey taste. I am open to cooking a pork shoulder underground.
> It's just awesome!
>
> ===
>
> Do you cook a lot like that?

I've never cooked that way. Very few people do these days. I am going to try
to reserve some space to have a pork butt cooked in an imu. Cooking the food
with banana leaves and ti leaves gives the imu cooked food a unique taste.
One of these days, I'll cook a pork butt in the oven or slow cooker with
banana and ti leaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTmntLCkzO4

===

I would love to be able to get some of those leaves to try it)