George

jmcquown wrote:

> I don't like defrosting in the microwave, no matter what the setting. You
> have to watch it too closely, depending upon the size of the item and the
> power of the microwave.

If you ever get a new oven buy a Panasonic. Our old oven (that cost
$500+) died last year after a good run. Picked up a $70 Panasonic with
"Turbo inverter" to replace it. Not only does the oven work much better
than the old one the defrost is near perfect. It deoesn't cook the edges
and uniformly thaws anything we have tried including tricky items like
the leftover bagels that recover and seem just like before they were
frozen (no hardspots or dry areas).