Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

Default Crisco Pie Pastry

On 1 Nov 2005 21:59:24 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>> I collect old cookbooks, and this one is the most recent addition to my
>> collection. I was about to look through all my old cookbooks for this
>> recipe, and this book happened to be the first one I grabbed. <insert
>> Twilight Zone music here> :-)
>>
>> Karen

>That's super that you've found it, Karen. But now I have to ask, what is
>the advantage to this technique? The ingredient list and proportions are
>very close to what I use making it the traditional way.

Ya know, I don't know if there is any advantage. There might not be.
But I grew up making this recipe,and the pastry has always been very
light and flaky. Other recipes I have used don't seem to come close.
I would love to see if it is just my fondness for an old recipe or if
it is really flakier than other pie crusts. If anyone tries this
methods, I would love to know how it turned out for you, and if you
think it is better or worse than more standard ways of making pastry.

Christine