Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default Crisco Pie Pastry

On Tue 01 Nov 2005 06:23:45p, Christine Dabney wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2 Nov 2005 02:01:59 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
>>Christine, I will try this and report back. IMHO, I'm a rather expert

pie
>>baker and take a lot of pride in the crusts I make. It will be an
>>interesting comparison. On the surface, FWIW, I suspect that the slurry
>>method might make it a little more foolproof. I think the average person
>>has to develop a knack for working with the traditional method. I will

be
>>baking a couple of pies this weekend, so this will be an ideal time for

an
>>A/B comparison. I will be using a 50/50 combination of butter and Crisco
>>in both recipes.

> Thanks, Wayne!
>
> I would like to see what other folks think!
>
> I am going to make it these next few days too.
>
> What kind of pies are you going to make? I am looking for some more
> pie ideas for Thanksgiving..besides the wonderful James Beard pumpkin
> pie recipe I use.

One will be an apple-cranberry, the other a homemade mincemeat filling. I
baked pumpkin pies last weekend as a test run for T-day. I don't think
I've ever seen James Beard's recipe. The last pumpkin pie recipe I used I
posted here, but I did change the spice mixture.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey