Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.jewish
Miriam Cohen Miriam Cohen is offline

Default Any good Jewish delis in south Orange County (calif.)?

wrote:
> Are there any decent ones around Irvine, Costa Mesa, Laguna Beach,
> where one can get beef tongue, chopped liver, other good stuff?

Good luck finding any real delis west of the Mississippi river. In
California any shop that makes sandwiches calls itself a deli. Rule of
thumb; if you can't get knishes it's not a real deli. This is true of
most restaurant things in CA. You'll find shops serving "Philly Steak
and Cheese sandwiches" made with everything from American to Swiss
cheese, everything, that is, *EXCEPT* Provolone cheese. Now you're not
likely to find better Mexican or Chinese food outside CA so I suppose it
all evens out in the end

--
L'Chaim

Miriam