Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.jewish
[email protected] flaviaR@verizon.net is offline

Default Any good Jewish delis in south Orange County (calif.)?

On 25-Jul-2006, "Mordechai Housman" > wrote:

> "Pinky & Perky sing sad songs for the Lebanon"
> > wrote in message
>
> > Good - since you're here, perhaps you'd give an Orthodox opinion on
> > conversion to Judaism?

> I'm not sure where you mean by "here." Do you RFC, or SCJ? Due to
> cross-posting, the netiquette of which I've never been too certain, some
> of my posts are also showing up at SCJ, where I imagine many people have
> already stated opinions about such Jewish matters. And RFC I don't think
> it's really the place for such a discussion.

He is trying to bait me, because he keeps pretending that I'm not Jewish.
I will e-mail you the specifics, if you like -they are quite amuding.

> > Simply put, if a non-Jew embraces Judaism and practices all the
> > tenets of that faith, does that make him or her 'Jewish'?

> Simply answered: Absolutely yes!

He has been told this every time he's tried to deny it.

> To be on the safe side, let me
> add: And it is a great sin to say otherwise. This is assuming that the
> person has done everything the way it is supposed to be done, which I am
> assuming because you said "practices all the tenets of that faith."
> That's one of the tenets.
>
> We can discuss this further via private e-mail, if you'd like.

Consideirng that he is a known Jew-hater, under many guises, I would not
advise this.

Susan