Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Any good Jewish delis in south Orange County (calif.)?

Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

>Squeaks wrote:

>> if all else fails, tell 'em you're a practicing Luddite and believe in
>> death by hanging, poor houses and trial by duelling at 20 paces.

>No need to LIE. Just repeatedly snatch at invisible insects buzzing around
>your head and mutter imprecations under your breath.

Neither story would phase a judge here in Alameda County.

Once during voir dire, I told the court that based on media
publicity of the crime, I believed the accused was guilty (a
true statement on my part, and one probably shared by 90% of the
public), and that was still not sufficient to get me booted off.

Steve