Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default A mainland version of Taiwan GaoShan

I never would have thought it would be possible to find a mainland
Chinese tea which has the same taste characteristics as a Taiwan
GaoShan or pouchong or whatever. I recently tried Anxi BenShan and if
I didn't know better would have guessed it was from Taiwan. It also
had an additional green TGY note making it slightly less floral than
its sea straight equivalent. It is the bushy type of two whole leaf on
a stem. At 125g/$6 it was a steal compared to my cheapest GaoShan of
125g/$10. I'm going to stock up because I never want to run out.

Jim