Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Makin' waffles. Was: crisco?

Dave Smith said...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>

>> > My iron only has two settings, off and on :-( I need a better iron...
>> >

>> None of the waffle irons I've owned had different settings, and it's

never
>> been a problem.

> My parents had one. I was given one many years ago and bought a
> new one about two years ago. None of them had heat settings, nor
> did any I say in stores. I cook them until they stop steaming.
> It is important to cook them completely before opening the lid.

Dave,

The Cuisinart has a red/green light. Red for coming up to temp --> Green to
add batter --> back to Red while cooking --> Green again, when the waffle
is finished cooking. It loops back to Red after the waffle is removed and
the iron is reheating.

Kinda/sorta idiot proof, in the right hands.

Andy