Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Self-perpetuating Charities

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:44:45 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > I wish Julie could understand that point whooping cough!

>> Well if hers was a lighter case then I wouldn't want to see a full blown
>> one! She would just keep coughing until she threw up and many times I
>> had
>> to check on her to see if she was still breathing.

> I think you're lucky if all that happened was she threw up.

Of course that wasn't all that happened. She ran a fever, got dehydrated
because she couldn't keep down any food and drink. Had a hell of a time
catching up at school because she missed so many days. I actually forced
her to go while sick because the Drs. kept telling us that it was just a
virus. So she had exposed many people to it for weeks. I think it was
about 3 weeks into it when she was finally diagnosed. Then I think that was
when she had to go to the ER because of a reaction to the meds that she was
on. So more school missed due to gastritis. I'm sure there was more to it.
I just remember having to clean up all the vomit. Any time we had to go out
in my van, she held a bowl in her lap and we lined her lap and the floor
with underpads. She mainly stayed on the couch or in bed on a pile of
underpads with a bowl. That was 3 years ago so I can't remember all of the
details now.