Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 7/8/2015 5:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> It is indeed, life needs a LOT more hugs!

more hugs less BUSH

Whenever the deep thinkers of the Republican establishment glance at
their bulging clown car of presidential hopefuls — with out-there Dr.
Ben Carson, exorcist Bobby Jindal, loudmouth Chris Christie and
bankruptcy expert Donald Trump jammed against Sens. Rand Paul and Ted
Cruz, to name a few — they inevitably start chattering about “Jeb Bush.”

Never mind that his father was a one-term wonder of no great distinction
or that his brother is already a serious contender, in the eyes of
historians, for worst president of the past 100 years. And never mind
that on the issues most controversial among party activists —
immigration and Common Core educational standards — he is an accursed
“moderate.”

Lacking any especially attractive alternative, powerful Republicans are
pushing Bush to run in 2016. And he seems to be on the cusp of a
decision. Besides, more than a few Democrats agree that Bush, however
damaged his family brand, would be the most formidable candidate
available to the GOP. They, too, whisper about him as “the only one who
could beat Hillary Clinton.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2015 9:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>
>>> It is indeed, life needs a LOT more hugs!

>> We're one big happy family. The young people call their elders "uncle"
>> or "auntie" so we do have a tendency to treat others as clan members
>> here.
>> I suspect it's the same way on all the little rocks across the Pacific.

> That's how it used to be here, but now the youngsters call their seniors by
> their first names. It is not an improvement.
>

>> My wife's auntie came over from Washington state last week. Boy was she
>> full of hugs and kisses. She was quite a jolly sort. It was not what I
>> was
>> expecting because her son died about 2 months ago. I thought that was
>> curious but I don't really know her that well. Boy, life is one dangerous
>> place - any one of us can go at any time!

> It was probably a great comfort to her after the loss of her son.
>
> Hugging here is not normally a 'close' thing with folk we don't know.
> It is on a par with 'air kissing' )
>
> http://www.wikihow.com/Air-Kiss
>
> http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-social-group

I guess we're like France in that respect! OTOH, the Maoris will press
their foreheads and tips of their noses together and share a breath.
That's kind of cool.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2015 4:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> dsi1, please ttop talking about the "mainland" as if Hawaii is not part
>>> of the USA. It is. Maybe you should venture out.
>>>>

>> I've always heard of the continental 48 states referred to as
>> "mainland". The culture is much different that what we have. How
>> would you differentiate? We talk about southern states, left coast,
>> northern, etc.

> Agree. Alaska has many differences as well. I had a friend from Hawaii
> and she had to learn to adjust to the foods that we had here.

What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're Nigerians!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/7/2015 4:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I've always heard of the continental 48 states referred to as
>>> "mainland". The culture is much different that what we have. How
>>> would you differentiate? We talk about southern states, left coast,
>>> northern, etc.

>> Agree. Alaska has many differences as well. I had a friend from Hawaii
>> and she had to learn to adjust to the foods that we had here.

> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're Nigerians!

I wonder why!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 23:10:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're Nigerians!

>I wonder why!

For example...

NYC to Lagos (Nigeria): 5,295 miles
NYC to Honolulu: 4,962 miles

.... might have something to do with it...

--
Bob
Sidera errantia quibus procella tenebrarum in aeternum servata est

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> We're one big happy family. The young people call their elders
>>> "uncle"
>>> or "auntie" so we do have a tendency to treat others as clan members
>>> here.
>>> I suspect it's the same way on all the little rocks across the Pacific.

>> That's how it used to be here, but now the youngsters call their seniors
>> by
>> their first names. It is not an improvement.
>>

>>> My wife's auntie came over from Washington state last week. Boy was she
>>> full of hugs and kisses. She was quite a jolly sort. It was not what I
>>> was
>>> expecting because her son died about 2 months ago. I thought that was
>>> curious but I don't really know her that well. Boy, life is one
>>> dangerous
>>> place - any one of us can go at any time!

>> It was probably a great comfort to her after the loss of her son.
>>
>> Hugging here is not normally a 'close' thing with folk we don't know.
>> It is on a par with 'air kissing' )
>>
>> http://www.wikihow.com/Air-Kiss
>>
>> http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-social-group
>>

> I guess we're like France in that respect! OTOH, the Maoris will press
> their foreheads and tips of their noses together and share a breath.
> That's kind of cool.

Hmmm that could depend on what they had been eating I suppose, but no, I
would hate to exchange breath with anyone

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/7/2015 2:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> dsi1, please ttop talking about the "mainland" as if Hawaii is not part
>> of the USA. It is. Maybe you should venture out.

> I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
> familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
> the mainland are worlds apart.

Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this going
to be the next Big Thing around here?

It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like. Ridiculous!!
It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a taste of it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2015 8:10 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Agree. Alaska has many differences as well. I had a friend from Hawaii
>>> and she had to learn to adjust to the foods that we had here.

>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're
>> Nigerians!

> I wonder why!

It's the latest craze - let's screw Hawaii and Alaska. It's like
everybody is jumping on the bandwagon on this one. I've even had sellers
in China refusing sales to us poor islanders. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2015 9:40 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> That's how it used to be here, but now the youngsters call their seniors
>>> by
>>> their first names. It is not an improvement.

>>> It was probably a great comfort to her after the loss of her son.
>>>
>>> Hugging here is not normally a 'close' thing with folk we don't know.
>>> It is on a par with 'air kissing' )
>>>
>>> http://www.wikihow.com/Air-Kiss
>>>
>>> http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-social-group
>>>

>> I guess we're like France in that respect! OTOH, the Maoris will press
>> their foreheads and tips of their noses together and share a breath.
>> That's kind of cool.

> Hmmm that could depend on what they had been eating I suppose, but no, I
> would hate to exchange breath with anyone

You got a very good point there!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2015 9:48 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> dsi1, please ttop talking about the "mainland" as if Hawaii is not part
>>> of the USA. It is. Maybe you should venture out.

>> I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
>> familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
>> the mainland are worlds apart.

> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
> going to be the next Big Thing around here?
>
> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like.
> Ridiculous!! It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a
> taste of it.

You are correct - this is a pretty common thing that humans tend to do.
Somebody that lives on the mainland probably wouldn't grasp the concept.
We call the largest island in this chain of islands the "big island." We
call the island we're on the "rock." That big land mass that's East of
us the "mainland." It all seems so natural...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:48 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> dsi1, please ttop talking about the "mainland" as if Hawaii is not part
>>> of the USA. It is. Maybe you should venture out.

>> I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
>> familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
>> the mainland are worlds apart.

> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
> going to be the next Big Thing around here?

You're just hung up on bullies. Why don't you post about what you've
cooked rather than worry about what someone else says to others?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/7/2015 9:48 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
>>> familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
>>> the mainland are worlds apart.

>> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
>> going to be the next Big Thing around here?
>>
>> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
>> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
>> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like.
>> Ridiculous!! It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a
>> taste of it.
>>

> You are correct - this is a pretty common thing that humans tend to do.
> Somebody that lives on the mainland probably wouldn't grasp the concept.
> We call the largest island in this chain of islands the "big island." We
> call the island we're on the "rock." That big land mass that's East of us
> the "mainland." It all seems so natural...

Yes it is.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 08:48:05 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

snip

>Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this going
>to be the next Big Thing around here?

snip
My daughter was here for several days sans family . We ate a lot of
fish and salads. A favorite requested salad is Greek Salad. What are
you cooking today?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 11:39 AM, Janet wrote:

> Probably shipping costs or arrangements. We get the same thing from
> the rest of the UK (even affects mainland Scotland in the north, but
> especially islands like mine); many businesses just don't want the
> hassle of distant customers. My post code (and probably Sheila V's)
> often features in a little list of areas we don't serve.

Yes - IV 27. It covers a vast area, including Inverness, which has a
railhead, an international airport, a seaport, and modern roads.

People in Thurso have it bad, too - for some odd reason they have a
Kirkwall postcode, so are assumed to be on an island.

> It makes me really mad when they try to slap a "long
> distance" delivery surcharge on something small enough to be posted;
> within the UK postal charges are the same in all areas regardless of
> distance.

And the local posties can actually find my house...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 12:06 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 11:39 AM, Janet wrote:
>
>> Probably shipping costs or arrangements. We get the same thing from
>> the rest of the UK (even affects mainland Scotland in the north, but
>> especially islands like mine); many businesses just don't want the
>> hassle of distant customers. My post code (and probably Sheila V's)
>> often features in a little list of areas we don't serve.
>>

> Yes - IV 27. It covers a vast area, including Inverness, which has a
> railhead, an international airport, a seaport, and modern roads.

(correction - IVxx includes Inverness, IV27 is the large area in the
northwest.)
> People in Thurso have it bad, too - for some odd reason they have a
> Kirkwall postcode, so are assumed to be on an island.
>
>> It makes me really mad when they try to slap a "long
>> distance" delivery surcharge on something small enough to be posted;
>> within the UK postal charges are the same in all areas regardless of
>> distance.
>>

> And the local posties can actually find my house...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 1:49 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/7/2015 8:10 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're
>>> Nigerians!

>> I wonder why!

> It's the latest craze - let's screw Hawaii and Alaska. It's like
> everybody is jumping on the bandwagon on this one. I've even had sellers
> in China refusing sales to us poor islanders. That's the breaks.

Bummer :-(
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 2:03 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/7/2015 9:48 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
>>> familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
>>> the mainland are worlds apart.

>> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
>> going to be the next Big Thing around here?
>>
>> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
>> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
>> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like.
>> Ridiculous!! It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a
>> taste of it.
>>

> You are correct - this is a pretty common thing that humans tend to do.
> Somebody that lives on the mainland probably wouldn't grasp the concept.
> We call the largest island in this chain of islands the "big island." We
> call the island we're on the "rock." That big land mass that's East of
> us the "mainland." It all seems so natural...

Makes perfect sense to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 4:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 3:48 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
>>> familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
>>> the mainland are worlds apart.

>> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
>> going to be the next Big Thing around here?
>>

> You're just hung up on bullies. Why don't you post about what you've
> cooked rather than worry about what someone else says to others?
>
> Jill

Says the bully bitch of the room...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 6:04 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
>>> going to be the next Big Thing around here?
>>>
>>> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
>>> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
>>> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like.
>>> Ridiculous!! It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a
>>> taste of it.
>>>

>> You are correct - this is a pretty common thing that humans tend to
>> do. Somebody that lives on the mainland probably wouldn't grasp the
>> concept. We call the largest island in this chain of islands the "big
>> island." We call the island we're on the "rock." That big land mass
>> that's East of us the "mainland." It all seems so natural...

> Yes it is.

Sort of like "across the pond..."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

> >> dsi1, please ttop talking about the "mainland" as if Hawaii is not part
> >> of the USA. It is. Maybe you should venture out.

> > I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
> > familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
> > the mainland are worlds apart.

> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this going
> to be the next Big Thing around here?
>
> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like. Ridiculous!!
> It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a taste of it.

As the English weather reports used to say, "Continent cut off by fog..."

;-)

--
Best
Greg -> knows Ms. O is *not* "English"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>> > I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
>> > familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii
>> > and
>> > the mainland are worlds apart.

>> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
>> going
>> to be the next Big Thing around here?
>>
>> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
>> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
>> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like.
>> Ridiculous!!
>> It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a taste of it.

> As the English weather reports used to say, "Continent cut off by fog..."
>

> ;-)

LOL

> Greg -> knows Ms. O is *not* "English"

So what nationality do you think Ms O is?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message

> >> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
> >> going
> >> to be the next Big Thing around here?
> >>
> >> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
> >> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
> >> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like.
> >> Ridiculous!!
> >> It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a taste of it.

> > As the English weather reports used to say, "Continent cut off by fog..."
> >

> > ;-)

> LOL
>
> > Greg -> knows Ms. O is *not* "English"

> So what nationality do you think Ms O is?

Hmmm...a wee Scots lass...??? ;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>> > As the English weather reports used to say, "Continent cut off by
>> > fog..."
>> >

>> > ;-)

>> LOL
>>
>> > Greg -> knows Ms. O is *not* "English"

>> So what nationality do you think Ms O is?

> Hmmm...a wee Scots lass...??? ;-)

No I am a wee Yorkshire lass who has lived and worked in Scotland for
more than half her life ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message

> >> LOL

> >> So what nationality do you think Ms O is?

> > Hmmm...a wee Scots lass...??? ;-)

> No I am a wee Yorkshire lass who has lived and worked in Scotland for
> more than half her life ;-)

aHAAA...!!!

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 11:51 AM, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> I've lived on the mainland and have seen how things are. I'm all too
>>> familiar with how it all goes down there. The reality is that Hawaii and
>>> the mainland are worlds apart.

>> Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this going
>> to be the next Big Thing around here?
>>
>> It is not normal for an island to call a large land to which it is not
>> attached, 'The Mainland'? I am beginning to think some people will use
>> ANYTHING to bully others into doing things the way THEY like. Ridiculous!!
>> It really is getting out of hand. Maybe they should get a taste of it.

> As the English weather reports used to say, "Continent cut off by fog..."
>

> ;-)

Better fog than Jerry...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>> > Hmmm...a wee Scots lass...??? ;-)

>> No I am a wee Yorkshire lass who has lived and worked in Scotland for
>> more than half her life ;-)

> aHAAA...!!!
>
> ;-)

Nowt so good as being a Yorkshire lass yannow, but the Scots thing is a
close second, especially since I am of Scottish stock

You seem to be very au fait with my part of the world, Greg. What is your
connection?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 12:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:

> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why.

I've always presumed it was because of the cost of shipping.

--
DreadfulBitch

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 08:40:58 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 08:48:05 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>snip
>>
>>Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this going
>>to be the next Big Thing around here?

>snip
>My daughter was here for several days sans family . We ate a lot of
>fish and salads. A favorite requested salad is Greek Salad. What are
>you cooking today?
>Janet US

I enjoy Greek salad but minus the fehta... I'll ask for extra olives
instead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:58:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 7/7/2015 8:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> dsi1, please ttop talking about the "mainland" as if Hawaii is not part
>> of the USA. It is. Maybe you should venture out.
>>>

>I've always heard of the continental 48 states referred to as
>"mainland". The culture is much different that what we have. How would
>you differentiate? We talk about southern states, left coast, northern,
>etc.

Yeah, like Hawiians can drive to California. Anyways to me Brooklyn
is the homeland, everywhere else is foreign.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 15:49:18 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 08:40:58 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 08:48:05 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>snip
>>>
>>>Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this going
>>>to be the next Big Thing around here?

>>snip
>>My daughter was here for several days sans family . We ate a lot of
>>fish and salads. A favorite requested salad is Greek Salad. What are
>>you cooking today?
>>Janet US

>I enjoy Greek salad but minus the fehta... I'll ask for extra olives
>instead.

I like the olives too. If you break the feta small enough it becomes
part of the dressing. I don't know if that would be more acceptable
to you.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:22:18 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 7/7/2015 4:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I've always heard of the continental 48 states referred to as
>>> "mainland". The culture is much different that what we have. How
>>> would you differentiate? We talk about southern states, left coast,
>>> northern, etc.

>> Agree. Alaska has many differences as well. I had a friend from Hawaii
>> and she had to learn to adjust to the foods that we had here.

>What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're Nigerians!

Don't feel bad, Hawaii's economy is still heavily agri based, can't
drive into California without passing through the Agri inspection
stations.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 08:40:58 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 08:48:05 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>snip
>>>
>>>Oh look, someone else being told what they can call things. Is this
>>>going
>>>to be the next Big Thing around here?

>>snip
>>My daughter was here for several days sans family . We ate a lot of
>>fish and salads. A favorite requested salad is Greek Salad. What are
>>you cooking today?
>>Janet US

..

We are away in our holiday caravan atm and the weather is really hot. I had
brought ham in my wee freezer and pork pie, so I made a potato salad,
chopped cucumber, wee plum tomatoes, etc. Ice cream to follow and several
glasses of dry white wine! Perfect

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:49:50 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 7/7/2015 8:10 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're
>>> Nigerians!

>> I wonder why!

>It's the latest craze - let's screw Hawaii and Alaska. It's like
>everybody is jumping on the bandwagon on this one. I've even had sellers
>in China refusing sales to us poor islanders. That's the breaks.

Living in Hawaii I'd think you'd know... they can't afford any six
legged hitch hikers, and Alaska's wild life has to be protected from
diseases... many vermin arrive in foods and packaging materials.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:55:37 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 7/7/2015 9:40 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I guess we're like France in that respect! OTOH, the Maoris will press
>>> their foreheads and tips of their noses together and share a breath.
>>> That's kind of cool.

>> Hmmm that could depend on what they had been eating I suppose, but no, I
>> would hate to exchange breath with anyone
>>

>You got a very good point there!

A great way to transfer diseases, and not just the common cold.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 6:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> A great way to transfer diseases, and not just the common cold.

Donald Trump: “Only An Idiot Opposes The Confederate Flag”

Real Estate Tycoon and business man, Donald Trump, announced via Twitter
that he supported the Confederate Flag. “Only an idiot opposes the
Confederate Flag” read Trump’s tweet. Trump continued to rant stating
that the flag is apart of everyone’s heritage and should fly on every
government building in the south. “Schools, churches, post offices
should all be allowed to proudly fly the Confederate Flag. There’s
nothing racist about it. Black people are acting as if its a KFC flag”
says Trump. The Confederate Flag has been the center of debate following
the racially-motivated church shhoting masacre in South Carolina. It has
been proposed to make flying the Confederate flag illegal at state and
federal buildings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 9:21 AM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 12:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why.

> I've always presumed it was because of the cost of shipping.

The logical thing would be to make the shipping charges a little higher
for A&H. I've seen this before. That's OK with with me. The new trend is
no sales to our rock under any circumstances. Excluding some citizens of
the United States is no way to treat us red-blooded Americans. This
makes about as much sense as refusing to sell to people in Montana.
OTOH, I can understand not selling to Montana. Hee hee.

"Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico,
Germany, Japan, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic,
Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Greece, Portugal,
Cyprus, Slovenia, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South
Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands,
Poland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Russian Federation, Israel, New Zealand,
Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine,
United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of,
Malaysia, Turkey, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican
Republic, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras,
Jamaica

Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:03 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/9/2015 6:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>

>> A great way to transfer diseases, and not just the common cold.
>>

> Donald

Bodine FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:06 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/9/2015 6:03 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

> "I will be the greatest jobs

Bodine FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:17 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/9/2015 4:42 AM, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >

> Republicans

Bodine FRAUD!